- Diet optimization
- Eating behavior traits
- Food reactions
- Nutritional needs
- Body and weight management
- Metabolic health factors
Helping to Improve Your Nutrition & Health
At DNA Testing Centres of Canada, we offer Canada DNA testing to increase your overall health. The diet and fitness optimization test helps you understand how your genetics and fitness affect your diet, nutrition, and exercise. You will be given insight into how your body may process sugar, fats, nutrients, and vitamins. You will also be screened for muscle potential and how your body responds to exercise.
1. Diet optimization: Helping to find a beneficial diet whether it’s low fat, low carbs Mediterranean or a balanced diet.
2. Eating behavior traits: Determining what behaviors you manifest under the categories of snacking, hunger, satiety, eating disinhibition and food desire
3. Food reactions: Analyzing how your body reacts to certain foods such as caffeine and lactose
4. Nutritional needs: Checking to see if you are prone to deficiencies in Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E.
5. Exercise: Analyzing how your body responds to exercise such as endurance training and strength training.
6. Body and weight management: Analyzing your metabolism rate, weight loss-regain, obesity, and adiponectin levels.
7. Metabolic health factors: Checking for any genetic risks, such as high blood sugar
The test is performed with each person doing a buccal (cheek) swab. This consists of you rubbing a soft swab on the inside of your cheek for 30 to 40 seconds and air drying it. The storage case helps preserve the sample until it reaches the lab for testing. The tests can be done in office or in the comfort of your own home.
If you would like to learn more about this form of DNA testing, we would be happy to schedule a free consultation with you. Give us a call today at 1866 863 5139 to set up an appointment!
Turnaround time: 6 weeks Price: $669.00 plus tax