- Your weight loss ability
- How your body uses carbs, proteins as well as fats
- Nutrients & vitamins
- Cardio response/strength training/exercise regimes
PROACTIVELY MANAGE YOUR WEIGHT
The special DNA Canada Healthy Weight Test can assist you in understanding why you can’t keep off those extra pounds or reach your target weight. This test evaluates genes related to weight management and body composition
1. Your weight loss ability: how able is your body at losing weight? Do you have the genes that will encourage weight loss and keep it off or more unfavorable genes that will make it tougher for you to lose weight?
2. How your body uses carbs, proteins as well as fats: what proportions of fat, carbohydrate and proteins should you have in your diet? What are the right recommendations for your genetic makeup but also for your age, height and gender?
3. Nutrients & vitamins: What nutrients and vitamins do you need? While vitamins and micronutrients are not directly involved in weight loss, they support functions in our body which affect your weight. Find answers to whether your genes may channel you towards any deficiencies, which nutrients and vitamins you should be taking more of and what foods you can get them from.
4. Cardio response/strength training/exercise regimes: Knowing how much you should exercise and understanding the exercise factors that enable you to lose weight is crucial! How does your genetic profile affect your response to cardio exercises? How intense should your workouts be? How often? What about your genetic profile for weight training? This section also includes details about your glucose response and much more.
The test is performed with each person doing a buccal (cheek) swab. This consists of you rubbing a soft swab on the inside of your cheek for 30 to 40 seconds and air drying it. Tests can be done in office or in the comfort of your own home.
For more information regarding our DNA Canada Healthy Weight Test or a test sample report, contact us today at 1866 863 5139
Turnaround time:Approximately 6 Weeks Price: $299 plus tax